Friday, November 03, 2006

Day 2

The day two starts. Out from the bed. In half alive state. A toothbruh in the mouth. In front of bathroom. Stralling in the corridor of my wing. Then a girl and a boy appeared! The boy seemed to be a very familier face with resemblence to Asif. The other face was as much unfamilier as the first was familier. Next second I was full awake and Asif bhai told that she was Shikha. A class- mate, coaching-mate, city-mate or whatever mate, I don't remember exactly.
Ready for the Day-2. Bathed and Hanuman prayer, as very usual. Taken the breakfast, as little less usual. Decided to take part in a competition, as unusual!
In for Rangoli competition with 3 other wingmates at TB. Copied a Rangoli figure from flickr.com. Pretty satisfied with our performance coz we were not the worst! This is what we made.
Then othe events I saw were Nukad and the word game competition by ELS. Now in SAC. The situation ws dramatised when we decided to write in a qute of the day competition. The theme was Is love worth it? A vast topic indeed. Bet I can spend nights thinking on it. But writing a quote was not possible for me. Kush bhai wrote something: Worth of love is double the worth of a person.
Now concering my newly developed passion, went to Photography desk and got myself registered. Got to know that, if you don't have your own subject you need to photograph on the same night on any damn subject they give us. But the biggest problem was the subject. A female subject would no doubt be preferable. Reasons - female beauty is more appealing, all the tutorials on net imply mostly to female subject, more sample ideas on flickr.com are of female models and it would be a fon But where to get her. I had already talked to Asif last night for a model and he had said that he may try for one of her friends.
Coming back to hostel, read some more tutorial on fashion photography and studio lighting. Now chated with Asif if he can get the JSS girl as my subject. Talking to her, she agreed. We dicided to go and talk to her in the audi.
Next, in the audi grounds stumbling here and there for entry for awaited rock night with Asif. In the way Asif told me to keep looking for he girl - Inesha (I think I got it correct this time). While waiting in the queue (something I abhore) looking for the girl, horses of imagination speeding up. Somehow it appeared to me that she will come on the road, ridding on a horse-cart and I have to catch her in between. Situation parallel to basanti ridding on dhanno! The queue was in. But basanti never came. Stumbled from one gate to other, but couldn't find her.
Now the rock music and nothing else for next three hours. But still looking for basanti. Asking Asif: yaar basanti ka kya hua? Parikrama was awesome. The one on Vocals was rocking. Got some nice shot from my cam.

After the show, at last I caught basanti. But the response was as cold as ever. I asked about her shedule for tomorrow but she was very diplomatic in answering that (you see. that is why women are better politicians than men). Even I heard her saying: leave it yaar. Now see my answer to this: "Yaar mai tumhe force nahi kar raha, lekin take it that it will be a setback for me." Now people take meaning of setback whatever you want. I said to Asif bahi " Yaar Asif, Basanti to bhaav khaa rahi thi. Kya kare yaar apna time hi kharaab chal raha hai, bhaav to dena hi padega." Then back to my hostel. Gave a thoght on this.

The Thought: Basanti tune ye kya kiya. My lord, Basanti I extend my heartiest no thanks to you for such an unkind, non-cooperating, and non-helping behavior. But you are right on your on your part. You come all the way down to kanpur from delhi traveling in general class class compartment. Then your fashion event in the night. Your Dramatics event next day from 5. You are so busy. How can you give time? Although you will get a lot of time in between but who am I to you? Are you my sister or mother or a relative to help in accomplishing my passion? Why will anyone help Saucy just like that? Im so stupid to expect like that. But thats Saucy for you madam. Shaken and stirred by every small incident in life. Even things which are worth less than penny may appeal/ hurt me.

First you tell me that you will be subject for me, so that I cancel the without-subject slot at night and then you are are so much reluctant when I ask you latter that if I would ask you any further it would be like torturing you. And Saucy can do any thing save torturing anyone. Thus leaving me in a helpless situation. Sorry basanti. It's not your fault. It's me who always makes things more complicated in his head than they need to be.

Now I am left with one other option which some of my friends adviced : go straight to a girl and ask her for. But I think this wont work. Even if it would have worked I would not have done it. Reasons? Reasons being combined effect of two things- first the fact that in doing so I will not be acting "Just be yourself" which is against my principles. The second reason being my first blog post. So what is the tip for me. Mr. Saucy, this place is not for fashion photography. It is not your cheese. So better cling to the nature photography community.

Clarifications:
1) It may appear from above written material that I despise or Im angry on basanti. But the same is not true. I still hold her in high regards. This whole blog is what I observe and that might not depict the reality. To say in Engineering Graphics language, it's a one point perspective and it may not nececcarily show all the actual details of the object. And the Theorem of Appreciation is also applicable here.

No comments: