Thursday, September 28, 2006

IAS?

Worried about my future plans. Prior to comming to IITK MS- PhD was something I was set apon. But know the scene is somewhat different. What are the options for me? Job: I think I cannot do a software job or any departmental job. I don't want to just end up in workaholic. My philosophy is Kamaao utna hi jitna kharch kar sako. (Earn as much as you can spend). CAT? No, I wouldn't even like a corporate world where everyone ends up woking only for oneself, thinking only of oneself, living only for oneself. So, I will keep the job as last possibility. Even in MS-PhD I would end up as a proffesor in IIT's or some Foreign University.

Then IAS is the option left for me. It's something wherein I can get the opportunity to work for the masses. Now many people will argue that ye sab kuchh nahi hota, you can't help the situatio of this country. All officials fighting like this end up as a part of the corrupted itself. My answer is I agree. But there is a good chance that I can help the situation if I remain with my strong desire to work for the country. Many will say now ki sabhi aisa sochte hai par koi kuch nahi karta. My answer is ki jo karte hai vo bhi to aisa sochte hai. remember Navneet Sikera, the DM who troubled Shahabuddin in Siwan.
Besides this my mamma and dad will be more happy to se me as a civil servent than they would be me seeingworking for some foreign company!

In the upcoming mid-sem breaks I will decide whether to go for it or not and seriously start preparation for it after it.

No comments: