Saturday, August 01, 2009

Happy new month!

Its  August baby. Month of independence day and month of Birthday. That is my birth day. And my sister's and my friends'. Rakhi in the same month. And yes today is friendship day also. Happy friendship day to all. I'll look to make more and more friends and less and less enemies.

Also this seems to be month of idleness. Earlier in first 4 years of my graduation it was loads of courses. Always pinned between deadlines. Extra stress. Lots to do. But now its only one course and thesis work which is not so heavy. There is lots of free time. Im not getting ways to kill time. Just wasting it away.

I need something consuming. Something to work on. By sitting free I'm growing degenerate. I'm doing nothing but aging. This day I was thinking that I should start preparing for something. May be GRE or CAT. GRE seems a better option. But a bit costly. CAT will take nowhere but management. I do not want to close the option of working in my field for which I have dedicated 5 invaluable years of my life. I don't want to waste it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know its a misconception that doing MBA will take you away from your field. It'll only take you to a managerial capacity in your field, unless you wish otherwise.

Sauc said...

Im talking about doing MBA just after the B.Tech degree, without work-ex.
You remain 2 years out of touch from any of the subjects in Mechanical Engg. and lacking any industry experience holding MBA degree, what are real chances of getting a job as an Engineer?

Unknown said...

yup.. you wont get a job as an engineer then.. you wud be overqualified..