Monday, December 18, 2006

....

- finished 2 chapters of JL Nehru.
- Got up very late.
- The cricket match. India defeats SA by over a 100 runs.
- Acting lazy bum in front of idiot box for some more time.
-The digicam seems to be never repairable. Whenever we call the guy he replies "Next Week". It would have been great time at home with the camera. But nevertheless, Im enjoying my laziness.

- Checked the mails. Bhatia mailed me that he immediately wants to chat with me at 11:25. But then he never told what has happened to him. He only said that he was very much upset and he not even wants to remember the event for the sake of telling me. For the first time I have seen him so much upset that can't even be talked about! Still it is unbelievable for me. I hope that it's just another prank played on me by him. May be somebody said to him something. But I can guess the problem is great emotional turmoil due to some reasons.

- Downloaded some lectures on Ethical Theory from: http://ethics.sandiego.edu/video/Hinman/Theory/index.html
and came to know that the concept of "making the world a better place to live" which I used to follow is formally known as Utilitarian concept of ethics. Accordingly morality can depend on one or more of the following principles:
“Do what the Bible tells you”--Divine Command Theories
“Follow your conscience”--The Ethics of Conscience
“Watch out for #1”--Ethical Egoism
“Do the right thing”--The Ethics of Duty
“Don't dis' me”--The Ethics of Respect
“...all Men are created ...with certain unalienable Rights”--The Ethics of Rights
“Make the world a better place”--Utilitarianism
“Daddy, that’s not fair”--The Ethics of Justice
“Be a good person”--Virtue Ethics

Out of this the last three appear more prominent for me.

- Nothing more happening.

No comments: