Friday, January 23, 2009

To my friends...

Friends are those.......
many things have been said since ages. Intellectuals, noblemen, sages, writers, poets, singers, mediocre, idiots, retards, morons and almost everybody have defined what do 'friends' means. You can find millions of quotes and anecdotes on friends
But for me a friend is one who stays friend. I feel blessed to have the kind of friends I found in my college. The best part of IIT life are FRIENDS. They will love you, they will bear you, the will bully you, they will need you, they will give you, they will ask from you and what not. They will share everything. And when I say everything I mean it. I heard during orientation that some alumni say they were 'closer' to there wingmates than their spouse. It could not be imagined then but now. It's hard conceive the idea of friends without the group of people called Y5-BBot (named after our batch in college and name of hostel wing assigned during 1st year). These are people who are assigned to you when you come to IIT. It was not by choice but by chance, fate, destiny, karma of intellectual design or whatever you may call it that you were born in family you were born in. So was I born in B-Bot wing of hall-2 in the year Y5 and that is my identity.
I wish I enjoy such friendship as long as I enjoy living.

From last few weeks I have developed a habit of ending with a song so here I will dedicate a song to all my friends:



No comments: