Monday, January 19, 2009

C me live from your browser

Yes. Now you can see me live. You just have to request me for the URL and ask me to switch my video monitoring on my Dell. And then you can monitor me live from your browser (doesn't works with Mozilla somehow. IE of chrome work). You don't even need flash enables browser to see it.

How it works?
A software called Dell Webcam Center comes with the Dell Laptop Integrated Camera. It features remote monitoring which can capture images at regular intervals (user defined) and upload it on FTP. I'm using my website for it. In effect when I run the program it takes images at rate fixed by me (which I have set to 1 image/sec.) and keeps updating the web location every second. On opening the URL it looks like a bad quality video streaming with no sound.

So next time just ping me and get my visual. You can request for URL by writing a mail to me (see my profile if you don't know the ID).

No comments: