Monday, January 26, 2015

Pledge 10%

Stories like this are hope for humanity. Proof that the good is still the good. As opposed some claims that bad is the new good. You don't need big pocket to help (donate to) others. You need a big heart.

Few months back when I mentioned to a friend that I pledged 10% of my year-end savings to donation he was surprised and started defending why/how he cannot do that. (He earns thrice as much as me and lives in the same city). If you think of all that money at once it may be numerically big but it is only 10%. Of the saving, not even income. I mean, you won't even notice it if you don't see it in the bank statement! Seriously guys, it is not a lot. For you. But it may mean a lot for less privileged ones. I've explained this in more details here how it works.

If I have you convinced and you are looking for good cause/place to give, I know of many. I have my own skepticism when it comes to giving but following are genuine organizations, I believe.
www.godparents.in (education children)
www.waterislife.com (provide clean water)
http://kopernik.info (various technologies)

I am not a rich person but I have had more opportunity to be in a better position in society just by being born in a place I was born. While I worked my way up, many others could have. Since the opportunities are limited, I, by taking them, denied others of it. So I feel obliged to help who were born less fortunate. I am not doing anything in action about it. The least I could do is share my wealth. It may sound ridiculous but it IS logical.
I am willing to match your first donation amount you donate after reading this. So do it :) And I will get back to working on my presentation for Friday. Big day coming up this week. 

No comments: