Saturday, January 24, 2015

Hello January

Hello January! It is here again. January hasn't been a good friend of mine in the last few years. I always had my share of troubled times at school around this time of the year. Topped by the shit-cold weather averaging -20C. Yes, there is a minus sign and it is 20C after it.
But this year has been a little different. First of, not that cold, specially in the past week. Work wise, not too bad. I have my simulations sunning on the track. I submitted my thesis proposal titled "Site-Specific Simulation of Marine and Hydro-Kinetic Turbine Arrays". Oral presentation for the same is scheduled at the end of this month, Friday the 30th. I shouldn't have major hiccups passing this exam on 30th but then I stopped taking anything for granted after my first year at grad school. So it is a serious exam and I am preparing a 30 minute talk on my work. I will present it in front of 4 professors from my school, supposedly experts in this area of research, and try to convince them yes my work will be worth a PhD; yes, I am worth getting a PhD.
If they are convinced they let you carry on your work. I do not know anyone who has failed this exam but then again, life is full of surprises. And at this point of time, I am not seeking one. So wish me luck.

No comments: