Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Food for thought

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and  things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.”  – Mark Twain

"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It's deadly" -- Someone

When I cannot travel (more often than not) I host travelers at my place as vicarious way of traveling. Most of them are strangers whom I meet for the first time. I know it feels strange. But you will be surprised how many times you can connect with these people and wonder how similar we are. I was hosting yesterday someone with two cute cats. Ozwin and Shalimar. Cats are SOME animal. Each of them have character very unique to them. I don't know what I like about cats but I like their company. Perhaps there sneaky-ness. Or that they are cuddly. Or because they are diminutive of the big cats. Anyway, apart form cats they are all fun people I have met.

No comments: