Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's never all over

Strangely enough this is not a never-lose-hope kinda post.

When I was a kid, I heard people say: "Beta achchhe se padh lo, ek baar base achchha ho gaya to aage achchha karoge". I got it then. I was a decently well student and scored percentage in 80s.

When I passed 8th standard, my sister said: "See Saurabh, now is the time to start board studies. It's very important that you score in ICSE". The coaching teacher in 10th standard said: "You will have your high school mark-sheet shown everywhere. Leave all frolic and engage yourself in studies only". I said, OK sir here is my effort. I dumped the whole year in study-bin. Then. Sir, here is my 90% at the end of the story.

But the story was just begun. 12th board was the new story. It's a bi thing in one's life, I was told. Relaxed a bit in 11th, but soon it was time to screw again. For boards and simultaneously for JEE-04. During this year I got unprecedentedly large number of this-is-the-time type comment. One uncle who used to be an engineer said: "Beta Saurabh, yahi waqt hai. khub mehnat kar lo fir aage to aish hai aish". Beta Saurabh thought as usual: Right Sir I will do that as I've been doing ma whole life.

I remember a day during this year when my sis tagged me hard-working-fool. It was not in this context but as I think it over now it's as much true. Yes, that was what I've been all my life.

But the fool was to be fooled more. So JEE people did not select him for JEE-04. One more year of fooling around in a strange new place with all strange new faces. I moved to Kota, Rajasthan for one year and made my life more miserable. But life is a function which takes miseries as input and gives back big things as output. Akbar was King at 14 just because he was born in deserts when his parents had nothing. Not even food and water!

This was when I thought This might be the all over point. This might be the end. Came to IIT Kanpur and caried this myth for one more year.

Then it was summer of '06. I was seriously caught in a mental paradigm. If this is the end then why not it had ben 2 year back. Why can't it be 4 years hence? Trying to solve this I was reading a book by Mr.Robin Sharma.(Yes, the same you are thinking now).

Now my dear. It scraps the question itself. If you want to be happy. It this very moment is the best time. Try to be happy in this moment and apply the same model to next moment and you will never be sad. All the while you sacrifice your present for future and then you realize that these is no future infact. When 'what you think future' comes, it comes in the form of present. So don't you think the present is important than future?

SO what's the tip for me? Ho sake to isme jindagi bita do pal jo ye jane wal hai. Think future live present.

2 comments:

Vatsheel said...

Saucy, I think u r mistaken there.Its about how one percives happiness.You migt not have been as satisfied as now had u not been selected in JEE.Agreed that performances in 10th and 12th exams are of no importance to u no but they would have been important had u decided to take admission in some other college where Merit in council exams are the criteria.
Its only because u have played safe throughout your life.Your temperament for studies in childhood or in your teenage must have contributed to your future success. Think future,live present
is the right motto.

Sauc said...

I dont know why you think Im mistaken when u supported the MOTTO brought up at the end of the post.

May b Im not able to bring up the poit successfully but I wanted to say this. One must be happy in the path of your destination. It lies in the path of achieving it. I never want to undo the studies I've done! I just wanted to say ki there is nothing like all-over. the journey is your life. The destination is not life. So I always try to push myself beyond the boundaries mf myself.

If there is something which I can undo, then I it will the myth(of myself and many others) that iske-baad-aaram-hi-aaram-hai. The moment you start thinking this you stop appriciating the happiness of the present moment. It's a mental trap kind of thing.

To get out of this trap is what I tried to uphold in this post and in the MOTTO.

Hope u get me:)
Waiting fr ur reply!!!