Sunday, February 14, 2010

Run time starts

Fun time up. Run time starts. Techkriti is over. A lot happened. IORC 2010 was good. This time it was good with decent number of turnout in events other than normal Rubik;s cube speedsolve. 11 people solved 4x4x4 cube (including me at last posittion :| ..) means it's also well known now. Quality of timings was definitely better than last two years. You can have a look at the results on WCA website as soon as they are uploaded in a day or two.

Among other things I lost two of my cubes. 3x3x1 also called Floppy cube which was the cutest of all the cubes I have. :( The second was 4x4x4 cube. It was turning weirdly since I lubed it last. Anyways I was going to get a new 4x4x4.

Yesterday we had a dinner with Mr.John Louis. It was nice time sitting together and sharing time with this wonderful gentleman and his prodigy child.

There was this girl from San Francisco who came to IORC for filming a part of her documentary on Rubik's Cube. He interviewed John, Bernett and me. She was on a fellowship of one year. What a dream fellowship. For one whole year you have to travel all round the world and meet people and see places and shoot movie!

Did a decent job and secured fourth place in gimmick competition to win some bucks. :) And this time, unlike the previous year when I was not able to en-cash the cheque, got the cash immediately.

Now back to square-1. have to meet my supervisor. Before that gota fix a piece of java code. Already I am running behind the target in the master's thesis. Today mamma asked me when I will be getting the degree in the robes. And I just tried to avert the question. Big task ahead. If I have to save my chances of wearing convocation robe then I should better get things running. Run time starts now!

4 comments:

Ankit said...

Awaiting the treat..
And I for one know that I wont be getting my degree in the robes :P

Intergalactic Gattu said...

@neophyte: Why??! :O

Ankit said...

Haven't been working very much (in fact, not at all :( ) lately..

Sauc said...

I hope u meet your supervisor this week. coz u said this was the reason for not going to orissa.. now u have to do it this week