Saturday, June 07, 2014

Poland

One week in Europe about to end. Right now I am in a not so known Polish town of Katowice. It is a town sprawling with college kids and two of them are hosting me. This is my fourth day in Poland and I am feeling really Polish by now :)
Earlier in Krakow I was at a CS party and I could make believe that I know Polish to many people. Just by using some common phrases. I was eating Polish food most of the time. I really like the Pirogis and Naleshniki. I was traveling in local transport like locals all the time. I even tried Polish drink called Orzechowka with a Polka in Krakow.

I really love Poland by now. Staying with Polish hosts only helped. It is like India in some aspects. Some of the photos look much like India. Other thing that I love about Poland, Europe in general, is the trains. They have good train network. They are cheap for domestic transport and they go everywhere. It coated me only 6 PLN ($2) from Oswiecim to Katowice. Funny thing is you can buy ticket only on board train. It took me a while to figure it out. I know more about Poland now than before. I want to come back here if I can. May be live here for a while.
I have so much to write before I forget about it.

No comments: