Friday, December 23, 2011

End of it

Finally the eleventh semester of life and first at UMN has ended. With only 2 courses at stakes it was not very difficult that way. But I had other things to worry about and those things did not end the way I would have liked them to end. In fact they did not end with me failing to pass the oral qualifying exam. I am taking it again next semester. I seriously don't know what more is left for me to prepare for the content of the exam. May be I will change the subjects this time and study something new instead of repeating old stuff. And may be practice thinking-on-your-feet. Answering on paper and on blackboard in front of people can be very different things.

Anyways that was the end of it. Good or bad. All things must pass. I will do whatever best I can next time. And also I will be TA for two of the courses and no research work next semester as direct repercussion of the above result. But that might be a blessing in disguise. How? I don't know. Just waiting for next semester to end. And let some haze clear out.

Anyways that was it. It has ended. And the next one has not yet begun. Caught between the semester tomorrow is a nice day for roadtrip to Chicago with 4 other guys. Starting in the morning and then coming four days later. I seriously don't know what are we going to do this many days. Chicago might not be worth 3/4 days of visit. But going with a group so let it be. Accidentally I will be in Chicago during Christmas which is a big day in USA. Until I return I will not write so Merry Christmas people. Folks in Minneapolis are disappointed that it is going to be non-white xmas this time. Thankfully it hasn't snowed much yet here.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

You have a great blog:)