Sunday, June 21, 2009

The cup and the celebrations all around


Twenty20 World cup title is no more with India. And to worse it is with Pakistan. My friend from Nazibabad tells that there are all celebrations all around as Pak won today. Processions in the city too. And a little general knowledge - Nazibabad is a city in U.P., India, not Pakistan, with dominant minority population. This brings out a face of our society which many people do not know. At least I didn't know until I came to know this friend of mine.

But above it all, as quoted, "Cricket has won! Again! Hopefully, this will bring better support and bigger things Pakistan's way". A great show by Pakistan as a cricketing side, specially with kind of affairs back at their home. They really deserve a praise in this space.

3 comments:

Ankit said...

I'll not restrain myself in showing my frustration over the effects of IPL.. Having said by many that IPL will be a good preparation ground for this world cup, team with no participation in the IPL won.. It is just adding to my misery..

Sauc said...

Yes I forgot to mention that. The IPL effect added to the causes of BCCI 11 defeat in the tournament.

Vatsheel said...

Pakistan deserved to win this tournament. Perhaps they are the worthy winners after defeating Sri Lanka and South Africa who lost only to them. But it is saddening that with a better one-on-one team India could not pull it off. However, I believe we have a balanced ODI squad. With some rest before Champions Trophy in September India are my favorites.