Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Geeta saar

Following are some of the age old wisdom found in Indian mythology. When I was young, in teen I remember, I used to buy a brand of notebook for school which always carried same back cover. I read that over several times and it stayed in my top rack for some reason. Now that I look back I believe it did shape me in some ways, the way I think or things I believe. Consciously or subconsciously, I don't know. Here is what back cover read like:


Translated in English, in the same order, it goes like:
  • WHATEVER HAPPENED WAS GOOD
  • WHATEVER IS HAPPENING IS GOOD
  • WHATEVER WILL HAPPEN WILL ALSO BE GOOD
  • WHAT HAVE YOU PARTED WITH THAT MAKES YOU CRY ?
  • WHAT DID YOU BRING WITH YOU THAT YOU HAVE LOST ?
  • WHAT DID YOU CREATE WHICH IS NOW DESTROYED ?
  • WHAT YOU HAVE TAKEN, YOU HAVE TAKEN ONLY FROM HERE.
  • WHAT WAS GIVEN WAS GIVEN ONLY FROM HERE.
  • WHAT IS YOURS TODAY, WAS SOMEONE ELSE'S YESTERDAY, WILL BE SOMEONE ELSE'S TOMORROW.
CHANGE IS THE LAW OF THE UNIVERSE

Image and translation adapted from someone else's personal page here.

Good night!

No comments: